Pinchas (Philip) Huett
Born in 1888 in Levov, Galizia, Poland. His
father was the painter Herman Hutt Studied architecture in the Polytechnium
in Chernovitz, Bokovina, and started his own business in Levov. At
times he used to go to Weimar, Germany, to study the Bauhouse, because
he was attracted to its principles. In 1925 he was invited by the
Hebrew University in Jerusalem to visit in Israel. He fell in love
with the country, returned to Levov to close his business, and made
Aliya. Worked with his classmate Jacob Bratler in Haifa and Tel-Aviv.
Later they separated and he opened his own business in Tel-Aviv. Designed
the very first exhibit floors of the "Oriental Fair" where the old
Central Station is located these days. Many young architects started
their career in his firm, before opening their own firm.